SUSSEX INSTALLATIONS - VAU5-EXTERNAL-INTERNAL-SHIELD - VAUXHALL - VIVARO - VIVARO (2014 - ON) - - SUSSEX - LONDON & THE SOUTH EAST
Not Fitted (unless selected)
If you are the owner of one (or more) of the 2014 onwards shape Vauxhall Vivaro, Renault Trafic and Nissan NV300 / Fiat Talento model vans? then your biggest and most likely break in method will be through the rear door of your van by thieves putting a hole in your door to attack the latch mechanism.
This problem is two fold;
1) The cost of tools stolen / down time if the break in is successful
2) The repair to the hole left in your door from the attack
We have been selling and recommending the internal shields as part of our security packages since 2016. We have found them to be very effective in terms of security, but we have found that they don't prevent the hole in the door; because thieves do not know the shield is fitted until after they have made the hole. By having this 'Sussex Installations' Trade mark branded outer shield visible on your van door, thieves will know that they are up against a comprehensive professionally designed internal and external shield set (that is a bolt through the body product) and not just a piece of metal stuck onto the surface of the van door.
This product can be used for different purposes;
- Increasing security on vans that have not yet been broken into
- Acting as a visible deterrent against a break in (Sussex Installations - Trade mark branded)
- Acting as a repair product for typical break ins
This high quality stainless steel shield kit designed and manufacturers by 'Sussex Installations' combines the best of bespoke internal shielding with external shielding; along with a fitting kit that includes a gasket, nuts, washers, grommets and fitting instructions.
This shield set has been designed by us; to be an effective security product that can be fitted either professionally or by a competent DIY van owner.
There are fitting instructions available as pictures with text assist those who want a quick reference for fitting and video format for those who want to be walked through the whole process in depth.
If you have a Vivaro 2014 (which typically has the factory remote deadlocking), then you will want to utilise this security feature. There are two main things that you can do to utilise the standard deadlocking;
- Double press your remote control each time you lock your van (unless you have someone in your van as it is not safe for them if you double lock your van)
- Make it much harder for thieves to bypass the manufacturer's deadlocking by protecting the latch mechanism inside the door with additional shields as pictured above